Choose: Clinic Operations Review
Clinic Operations Review is part of the Choose Phase of a
transition to a VCUR 2008 electronic medical record (EMR) solution.
The Physician Office System Program (POSP) supports clinics through
several activities in this stage.
EMR Outcomes Self-Assessment – The
EMR Outcomes Self-Assessment looks at how well a clinic is
currently using its EMR in 16 different areas compared to the
clinic's future goal for EMR use.
- This tool is used as a self-assessment as a clinic begins
to prepare for its new EMR, and again once the EMR is operational
and the clinic team is comfortable using it.
- The information gathered can be used in the
Business Process Requirements Review to focus on clinic-support
tools and functionality most valuable to the clinic.
Business Process Requirements Review – The
Business Process Requirements Review helps to identify a clinic’s
unique needs and the potential changes to operational processes
upon transitioning to an EMR solution.
- It helps clinics determine which of the VCUR 2008 EMR solutions
will be the best match.
- It identifies unique or sufficiently different
characteristics that distinguish a clinic from what may be
considered typical clinic workflows and operations.
- It identifies and documents information about a clinic’s
required functionalities in the EMR solutions being
Custodian Assessment – The Custodian Assessment
includes a review of a clinic's current records system and how data
is managed within the system.
- It provides information about data management options in terms
of data migration and records retention.
- It provides information on expected results which are
based on the original data quality, outgoing EMR vendor cooperation
and product capability, where appropriate.
- The information helps a clinic to make an informed decision
when choosing a VCUR 2008 EMR solution.
For a comprehensive description of activities, refer to Choosing Your
EMR with POSP: A Step by Step Guide.
Download Data Management Handbook
Download Privacy Services Summary
Download Business Continuity Planning
Download Data Validation Process - Qualified
Download Data Validation Process - Outgoing Vendor